FRIENDS OF THE MUSCARELLE
The Friends of the Muscarelle are a great support to the Museum. Once you are a member of the Muscarelle Museum of Art, you are invited to become a Friend. The Friends are volunteers who offer their time, talent, and skills to benefit the Museum. The Friends offer an added dimension to your Museum membership by supporting activities that broaden the influence of the Museum throughout the community.
First organized in 1985 as the Council of the Muscarelle Museum of Art and reorganized in 2002 under the banner of Friends of the Muscarelle Museum of Art, volunteers have worked to increase membership in the Museum, and have hosted hundreds of exhibition receptions. They have contributed countless hours to projects which furthered the Museum's growth and development.
The Friends of the Muscarelle Museum of Art (FMMA), welcomes all members of the community interested in supporting the Museum through volunteer efforts.
- Become a Member of the Muscarelle Museum of Art
- Volunteer to work on one Standing Committee of your choice
- Assist the Reception Committee in hosting exhibition receptions
- Participate and support Friends events
- Attend a Museum orientation program
- Attend Friends' Meetings (meetings occur three times per year)
- Pay Friends dues annually (2008-2009 dues are set at $30)
Membership Committees & Opportunities
- Museum Assistant Committee/Staff Aides | Assists the Museum and the Friends with mass mailings, assists with gallery monitoring, greeting visitors, provides office assistance, and works on other special museum projects.
- Reception Committee | Organizes and assists with exhibition opening receptions
- Membership Committee| Maintains membership records, assists with orientation of new members
- Special Events Committee | Helping to develop and implement events (i.e. Art in Bloom, Biennial tea)
- Education Committee | Develops learning and enrichment offerings for members of Friends and the community
Download a Friends Application & Check out the upcoming events for Friends activities