THE ULTIMATE GIFT - A BEQUEST IN YOUR WILL
Friends of the Muscarelle Museum of Art often seek ways to perpetuate their support for our mission. A bequest is a simple and effective way to continue your contribution beyond your lifetime. A bequest can:
- endow your annual gift in perpetuity.
- create an unrestricted endowment, providing flexibility to the Director to meet the most pressing needs of the Museum.
- provide for the particular needs of the Museum that you specify; your gift can, for example, endow a collection or a curatorial position.
A bequest is an easy gift to make with an attorney's help. Bequest provisions can be written to suit your exact inclination.
- Bequest of Cash
- I give, devise, and bequeath _____% of the remaining assests of my estate to The College of William & Mary Foundation, a charitable corporation, for the general support of the Muscarelle Museum of Art.
- I give, devise, and bequeath the sum of $ _____ to The College of William and Mary Foundation, a charitable corporation, for the general support of the Muscarelle Museum of Art.
- Bequest of Fine Art
- Please contact the Museum staff for more information on how to bequeath art work to the Museum.
- I give, devise, and bequeath all the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate to The College of William & Mary Foundation, a charitable corporation, for the general support of the Muscarelle Museum of Art.
If you wish to designate your bequest for a specific purpose, we would be pleased to provide appropriate language for you to share with your attorney. Alternatively, you may specify the purpose of your bequest in a seperate letter of designation to remain on file with the Foundation and the Muscarelle Museum of Art. We can prepare this letter for your review based on our discussions. You are encouraged to consult with us to ensure that your bequest can be used effectively in the way you intend.
The beneficiary form can be obtained from the administrator/custodian of your IRA, 401(k), or other retirement plan and should specify "The College of William & Mary Foundation for the general support of the Muscarelle Museum." Our federal tax identification number is 54-0734117.
The beneficiary form can be obtained from the insurance company and should specify "The College of William & Mary Foundation for the general support of the Muscarelle Museum of Art." Our federal tax identification number is 54-0734117.
You can establish a trust in your will or revocable living trust to provide lifetime income to your surviving spouse ot other heirs, with the assets eventually passing to The College of William & Mary Foundation for the general support of the Muscarelle Museum of Art. Such trusts can also be established during your lifetime to provide a current income to you and other heirs.
The Sir Robert Boyle Legacy Society was established in 1992 to recognize those alumni and friends who have made future provisions for The College of William & Mary in their estate plans, in any form or amount. Such provisions may be in the form of bequests, trusts, annuities, life insurance or other means. The Boyle Legacy Society honors Sir Robert Boyle, the noted seventeenth-century physicist whose bequest provided important support during The College's founding years. Benefits of Boyle Legacy Society membership include an annual luncheon program, special newsletter, and engraved commemorative lapel pin. For further details, please call Dee McNamara at 757.221.1291.
For further assistance, a knowledgeable and experienced staff is available to assist you and your professional advisors in accomplishing your charitable, finaincial, and estate planning objectives. For further information, please contact:
Aaron De Groft, Ph.D. (W&M '88)
P: 757.221.2701 | F:757.221.2711
Christina M. Carroll, Esq.
Manager of Institutional Advancement
Muscarelle Museum of Art
PO Box 8795
Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795
P: 757.221.2717 | F:757.221.2711
Also available to help from The College Gift Planing Office is
Lee G Walsh '75, M.Ed. '90, CFP, Director of Gift Planning
Diane McNamara, J.D., Associate Director of Gift Planning Administration
Office of Gift Planning
The College of William and Mary
PO Box 1693
Williamsburg, VA 23187-1693
P: 757.221.1004 | F:.757.221.1508