The College of William and Mary's
Thirteenth Annual Graduate Research Symposium
March 21-22 2014
2014 GRS Abstract Submission Form
Abstract Submission Deadline: November 15, 11:55 pm
(DEADLINE HAS NOW PASSED)
In order to submit an abstract as a William and Mary student, you must have been admitted into a Graduate Arts and Sciences department/program. Students enrolled in other William and Mary graduate programs or as a non-degree seeking student at William and Mary cannot submit an abstract. William and Mary Visiting Scholars and Language House Tutors will be considered visiting presenters and must submit the required registration fee. If you are currently enrolled in a School of Education, Business, or Law you are not eligible to submit an abstract to this Symposium.
Abstract Preparation Guidelines
- The abstract should include the specific question your research addresses, research design and methods, major results (or anticipated results), and possible implications of your findings. Due to limited room availability, if the focus of your oral presentation will not be on your specific contribution to a research collaboration or project, a poster presentation may be more appropriate for the Symposium.
- It is the responsibility of the presenter to obtain approval from your advisor, co-authors, and Institutional Compliance Committees prior to abstract submission.
- The goal of the Graduate Research Symposium (GRS) is to present research to educated people in many fields of study. Your abstract will be read by a multi-disciplinary audience and should avoid or explain any technical terms. The presentation itself may be geared to a more discipline specific audience.
- Submission of an abstract implies a committment to present your research at the 2014 Graduate Research Symposium. Therefore please make sure that you understand all of the requirements before submitting, as withdrawing an abstract after acceptance may prevent you from submitting abstracts to future Graduate Research Symposia.
- Abstracts will be competitively reviewed by the GRS organizing committee.
- Abstracts over 250 words or submitted after the deadline will NOT be acknowledged or considered.
- Graduate students will be notified of their abstract acceptance/rejection on or around December 11, 2013. All decisions are final; requests for appeals will not be considered or acknowledged.
- Students from institutions other than the College of William & Mary will be required to submit a non-refundable $100 registration fee that grants attendance for the presenter to all GRS presentations, any featured lectures and panel discussions, the refreshments on Friday and Saturday morning, the Friday lunch, the Friday evening reception, and the awards luncheon on Saturday. A non-refundable guest/spouse fee of $30 is required for non-presenters from outside institutions for admittance to meal functions only (i.e., admittance to all presentations is free).
Please contact the Symposium Committee if you have any questions.
Please note that:
- Required fields are in bold.
- Information as entered in this form will be used for all conference communications. Therefore, please use an address where you want materials to be sent.
- Abstract info as entered in this form will appear in the conference program.
- Please use mixed-case, i.e. do not use all uppercase or lowercase letters for any field.