Welcome to jump! Magazine!
Volume XV, Number 1 Fall 1995
Welcome to the premier issue of the World Wide Web version of jump!
Magazine! You are only one click away from reading the College of William and Mary's
finest student-driven quarterly.
In This Issue:
- Your life is like a...Makya McBee knows what the stars hold for you and
he'll reveal all in jump! 's Horoscope (Or maybe he won't.
You'll have to wait and see).
- Web Editor Blair Reyburn takes full responsibility for crashing your Web
browser! From the Web Editor
- Like we care...Michelel Maurer plumbs the depths of voter apathy in this
humorous reflection Concerning
- Fresh from the trials and tribulations of her CNN internship, Lori Sykes
confesses that Living in Style isn't all it's
cracked up to be.
- William and Mary professor Tom Heacox introduces us to W&M's latest
artist-in-residence, acclaimed poet-novelist Thomas
- Allison Stone Wolcott returns to jump! fiction with "Cloisters (ii)," a harrowing tale of love,
gardening, and betrayal.
- Ever have a pregnancy scare? This option could have helped you--if you had known
about it. Read Rachel Kahan's investigation of Emergency Contraception.
- Ars Gratia Artis--Ryan
Dallavia takes a stab at Republican efforts to cut funding for the arts.
- Living with clinical depression--Bridget Robin Pool takes a personal look at
the struggle to treat mental illness in How I Spent
My Summer Vacation
- Out of shape? Hate the Rec? If you'd rather pig out and watch Rikki Lake, Stop the Insanity! and spend some time with
your soul sister Cindy Wehle
- jump! poetry features autumn
day by Sara Murphy.
- Lemon cod again? You need not suffer in silence. Mathew Divaris tells you
how to get more for your Marriott credits in The
- Who writes this stuff anyway? The
Contributor's Page gives you the lowdown.
jump! is a news-feature magazine published under the auspices of the William
and Mary Publications Council. It seeks to provide the college community with in-depth
coverage of relevant issues and to entertain.
jump! welcomes letters to the editor as well as unsolicited manuscripts.
jump! reserves the right to edit submissions for space or content.
Send correspondence to:
P.O. Box 8795
The College of William and Mary
Phone: (804) 221-3286