At a glance...
Time:November 23, 2013
Place:Ewell Recital Hall
Applications Due:August 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Date:This year's competition will be held on November 23, 2013
Applications:Applications must be turned in by August 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Eligibility:Candidate must be
- Student at the College of William & Mary
- Studying with a member of the Applied Music Faculty in the Department of Music
- Available to perform the work with the William & Mary Symphony Orchestra on April 24, 2013, 8:00 PM, in Phi Beta Kappa Hall
Guidelines:The selected work must be
- One or more movements of a work for a solo instrument or voice and orchestra. Double concertos are acceptable if both soloists meet the eligibility criteria above.
- Approved by the WMSO Music Director immediately after the application deadline
Competition Requirements:Each candidate will receive 15 minutes of performance time and must
- Perform excerpts from all movements that they wish to perform with the WMSO.
- Make appropriate cuts if the work excceeds 15 minutes
- Provide an accompanist. You are responsible for finding your own and will be disqualified if you do not have one at the competition.
- Provide 3 copies of the score (full scores preferred, but piano reductions accepted)
- Memorization is required only for the final performance with WMSO in April but strongly encouraged for the competition.
Application Procedure:2013 Concerto Competition Application
Please complete the application (link provided above) with a signature from your applied teacher and submit it in Professor Grandis's mailbox by August 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM.
You will be notified if your application has been approved before the Winter Recess.